It’s been a long time since I visited Binktopia/Mangastream and I found an online mangareader that makes me difficult read the chapters comfortably. You see, the connection in my place is sux, really sux, so online mangareader is not my favorite way to read mangas. It’s need about 10 or 15 minutes to download a chapter depend on its size, so I prefer to download it all while I’m working and read the chapter all at once. The current mangastream is troublesome, it disable the right click, and if I have to view source everytime I need the image, it’s pretty much a waste of time.
So I create a little PHP script to extract image links and generete a batch file that download the images and zip it into single archive. It took about 15 minutes to make it work, buat it’s not ready to be published yet. I need to create error handlers, history checkers and some HTML Forms GUI to make it look great and easy to use ;).
To use the batch file, you’ll need a few tools. I don’t really want to reinvent the wheel even though it will make the application cooler, but there’s already mature and excellent (and FREE) softwares that could do what I need.
- wget.exe try to find it at http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/ or compile the latest source code yourself :-p. It’s a simple command line downloader to download the images. Copy wget.exe to C:\Windows or C:\Windows\system32 or add path to your environment variable so wget.exe can be run anywhere.
- 7-Zip to add all the images to a single zip archive named the series and chapter. Make sure you installed this by default so the program installed at C:\Program Files\7-Zip. If you installed it elsewhere then you’ll have to edit the batch file before you run it.
Already have wget and 7-Zip?, all you have to do is
- Download the zipped batch file.
- Extract the batch file.
- Double Click .bat file to run it
- And wait
- If the links were not found then possibly the oldest chapter been removed by mangastream because there’s a new chapter.
More batch file at www.dewisa.net
Probably I’ll publish the script in a few days so the batch file could be generated on the fly by entering the latest links and submit it.